The Student News Site of Dos Pueblos High School

The Charger Account

The Charger Account

The Charger Account

Meet the ASB Class Officers for the 2024-2025 school year

“Meet the ASB officers 2024-2025”
Andy Brennan (11) (Keeley Harper)

Andy Brennan (11) is the ASB President of the class of 2025. Brennan has been Class President for the past three years, and as ASB President he is hoping to do more at the district level as well as improving school events.

“I feel like compared to other years, there were less people at basketball games or volleyball games, and pep rallies were less hype,” Brennan said. “My goal is to get events [to have] a higher level of production, and getting more people excited to be a part of it.”

Brennan is a part of the Engineering Academy and outside of school likes crafting and sculpting with his hands, as well as running.

“I am very excited at the prospect of being ASB President,” Brennan said. “I’ve been waiting for this since freshman year … I feel like we have a really good class.”

Jocelyn Lopez (11) (Keeley Harper)

Jocelyn Lopez (11) is the ASB Vice President for the class of 2025 and is hoping to make Dos Pueblos more inclusive. Lopez is in the AVID program and plays on the basketball team at DP.

“I want to see a change, I want to make a change,” Lopez said. “[With] making school much more inclusive.

Saanvi Thattai (11) (Mika Glasgow)

Saanvi Thattai (11) is the ASB Secretary for the class of 2025, and has been since her freshman year. She’s been involved in event planning, and hopes to improve the events and dances next year, especially in light of the cancellation of the 2024 Winter Formal.

“I hope next year we can work on planning better and getting a venue for that,” Thattai said. “Hopefully we can get a Winter Formal for next year.”

Outside of school, Thattai does a classical Indian dance called Bharatanatyam. Despite there being a lack of instructors in the area, Thattai has found online classes and really enjoys them.

With her experience and “a good sense of how things work” in ASB, Thattai is feeling optimistic about her last year in the position.

“It just feels really great,” Thattai said. “I hope that a bunch of people can trust me to help make our school a great place.”

Grace Gorman (11) (Kristian Lazcano)

Grace Gorman (11) is the ASB Treasurer for the class of 2025. She hopes to build awareness towards students reaching out for funds and supporting the overall campus events. Gorman likes how much the leadership roles “support” the school.

“I just kept hearing so much about different activities that were going on,” Gorman said. “How many [ASB] opportunities there were that I didn’t know about.”

This will be Gorman’s first ASB role at DP, but as the Vice President of the Self Care Club, Gorman feels “confident in running” for ASB treasurer.

“As treasurer, it would be cool to inform people on campus [events] … and advocate for students to give their input,” Gorman said.

While the opportunity will be new for Gorman, she has attended numerous ASB meetings and feels ready.

“To join an initiative, ASB felt like it was a really good role to just take on,” Gorman said. “And [to] support the school that supports me.”

Grace Thao (11) is the ASB Historian for the 2024-2025 school year. (Nicola Bailey)

Grace Thao (11) is the ASB Historian for the 2024-2025 school year. She hopes to help make sure that DP has a Winter Formal next year, and she hopes to document all the memories that happen at school.

Thao had never been in ASB before, and decided to run for Historian spontaneously.

“One of my friends told me that, ‘There’s no one running for ASB Historian, do you want to do it?’ And at that moment I was like ‘Oh, yeah, sure, why not,’” Thao said. “Throughout the process [of running], I realized … I actually am really interested in taking pictures and … documenting [school events].”

Thao explained that one of the roles of being ASB Historian is to make a video at the end of the year that shows everything that happened during the school year. So Thao is excited to take photos of all of the events that take place next year.

“I feel like documenting all the fun things that happen [during the year] will make a really good video,” Thao said.

Outside of school, Thao is interested in media and art.

“I’ve been doing art since elementary school,” Thao said. “I shifted more toward graphic design during my freshman year in high school, and now I’m into photography too.”

Pessia Fygenson (11) (Keeley Harper)

Pessia Fygenson (11) is the ASB Representative for the class of 2025. Fygenson ran for this role because she likes the communication with the district that comes with the role.

“My first idea is to collect information for the student body more effectively,” Fygenson said. “What [ASB Representative] would be doing is just bringing their thoughts and what their friends have told them to the district.”

Fygenson is on the swim team and outside of school she enjoys journaling, beach walks, surfing, and has recently started boxing.

“I’m trying to make a way that everybody, if they feel like they want me to bring something to the district, [that they] know how to do that,” Fygenson said.