The Student News Site of Dos Pueblos High School

The Charger Account

The Charger Account

The Charger Account

Bradley Cooper wins prestigious Outstanding Performer of the Year Award

On Thursday, actor Bradley Cooper was honored at the 39th Annual Santa Barbara Film Festival for the Outstanding Performer of the Year Award. Our DPMedia students were there at the Arlington reporting for this event, and you can watch the interviews below.

Cooper is receiving the award for his critically acclaimed portrayal of Leonard Bernstein in the Netflix film “Maestro”. The Outstanding Performer of the Year Award recognizes select individuals who have distinguished themselves with exceptional performances in film. Past recipients of the award include Cate Blanchett, Will Smith, Ryan Gosling, Jennifer Lawrence, and Angelina Jolie.

SBIFF’s Executive Director Roger Durling praised Cooper as “an actor of incredible range and versatility.” Cooper, born in Philadelphia, is an acclaimed actor, filmmaker, writer, and producer. A nine-time Oscar nominee, Grammy winner, and Tony nominee, Cooper’s directorial debut “A Star is Born”, which he co-wrote, produced, starred and directed garnered 8 Oscar nominations. Following the success of his producorial work, Cooper started his production company Lea Pictures in 2020, which includes his much-anticipated film “Maestro”.

“What has impressed me the most is that he has grown to be one of the most indelible directing voices . He’s a renaissance man – an outstanding performer indeed!” Durling said.
The award was presented on February 8th, 2024 at the Arlington. The moderator was Pete Hammond.

Movie Synopsis: “Maestro” is a towering and fearless love story chronicling the lifelong relationship between Leonard Bernstein and Felicia Montealegre Cohn Bernstein. A love letter to life and art, MAESTRO at its core is an emotionally epic portrayal of family and love.

Never miss out on new articles!