The Student News Site of Dos Pueblos High School

The Charger Account

The Charger Account

The Charger Account

Prom Recap 2024

Cecilia Vargas
Students dance in the rain with their phone flashlights on.

On May 4, the 2024 Dos Pueblos High School Prom was held at the Santa Barbara Historical Museum. The event was attended by over one hundred students and had many activities including a dance floor, photo booth, and games like cornhole. Even though it rained during the event, many students had positive things to say about the weather.
Ashley Sliction (12) and Trevor Cuevas (12) sing and dance together during Prom.

“I liked it when it was drizzling because I never thought I would like dancing in the rain, but it made the experience much more memorable,” Charlotte Choi (12) said.

Ashley Sliction (12) and Trevor Cuevas (12) sing and dance together during Prom. (Cecilia Vargas )

Evie Pazan (12), a second time attendee, was hesitant about the rain at first, but had a more positive attitude towards the weather by the end of Prom.

“I think going into it, the rain was a little questionable,” Pazan said. “Because no one was on the dance floor. And it was kind of like, ‘Oh, is this gonna be a bummer?’ But it actually ended up working out really well and the rain was super fun.”

Other students, like first time attendee Noe York (12), said Prom exceeded their expectations.

“I had expectations going in that it was gonna be like any other school dance, like Homecoming or Winter Formal,” York said. “Yet I was happily surprised with karaoke and a large dance floor, large enough to support everyone.”

View Comments (1)
Donate to The Charger Account

Your donation will support the student journalists of Dos Pueblos High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.