The Student News Site of Dos Pueblos High School

The Charger Account

The Charger Account

The Charger Account

2024 Music: What’s Coming Up in the World of Music

2024 will bring new music and the release of many albums from pop artists like Taylor Swift to folk canadian artists like Kaia Kater.

Official album cover “Strange Medicine’ by Kaia Kater

Kater’s third album, ‘Grenades’, was released in 2018. Now, after six years, she announced her

fourth studio album, ‘Strange Medicine’, which is set to be released on May 17. It will consist of 10 tracks.

Official album cover ‘The Tortured Poets Department’ by Taylor Swift

During Swift’s acceptance speech at the 2024 Grammys, she announced her 11th studio album ‘The Tortured Poets Department’ releasing on April 19. Swift’s album would have consisted of 16 total tracks, however after the initial release of her 11th album Swift proceeded to release ‘The Tortured Poets Department: The Anthology’ which had 15 additional songs.

Official album cover ‘Radical Optimism’ by Dua Lipa

After the release of her song

Training Season‘, which peaked number six

on global charts, Dua Lipa announced the release date of her third studio album named ‘Radical Optimism’. The album will consist of 11 songs and is set to be released on May 3.

Official album cover “HIT ME HARD AND SOFT’ by Billie Eilish

On March 30, Billie Eilish began dropping hints about her third studio album. Eilish changed her profile picture on all of her social media accounts, including Instagram, which was followed by adding all of her followers to her close friends list. Just nine days later, she announced via Instagram that her third album, ‘HIT ME HARD AND SOFT’, would be released on May 17 with 10 tracks.

Official album cover ‘Clancy’ by Twenty One Pilots

Similar to Eillish, Twenty One Pilots has also announced a new album set to release on May 17. The album ‘Clancy’ will consist of 12 total tracks and will be their seventh studio album.

Official album cover ‘Brat’ by Charlie XCX

Later this year, Charlie XCX will also be

releasing a new album. Her studio album ‘Brat’, which is set to be released on June 7, will be her sixth.

Official album cover ‘ROOM UNDER THE STAIRS’ by Zayn

Previous One Direction member Zayn is releasing his fourth album. ‘ROOM UNDER THE STAIRS’ is set to be released on May 17 and will consist of 15 tracks.

Later in the year, Lana Del Rey will be releasing her country album ‘Lasso’ that is set to be released in 2024, with no confirmed date as of April 17.

Edited May 2, 2024, for a spelling error.