Santa Barbara Education Foundation offering students grants up to $500

Kashaf Iftikhar

As students look for ways to boost their resumes, the Santa Barbara Education Department is offering multiple grants to assist students with their projects. (Graphic: Kashaf Iftikhar/The Charger Account)

As students look for ways to make an impact in their community, the Santa Barbara Education Department is offering multiple grants to assist students with their projects.

The Santa Barbara Education Foundation announced that they will be granting students in grades 9-11 up to $500 to encourage student participation in leadership projects. The application must be submitted by April 10th* at 11:59 p.m. via the SBEF Student Grant Application form.
“Our mission is to enrich the academic, artistic, and personal development of students in the Santa Barbara Unified School District,” a representative of the foundation wrote.

Although the application is brief, students should begin as soon as they can because the application requires providing a school administrator’s signature approval, a supervisor (for example, a teacher) sponsor who could assist in purchasing necessary materials for the proposed project, and a thorough plan for the funds’ use and impact.

Some ways individual students and student groups can use the funds include paying for educational field trips, school club equipment, sports team conference attendance, etc. The funds can be used on items such as cameras, books, art supplies, and much more.

The grants are meant to be used for educational opportunities, not be treated as extra money for personal use, and aim to promote the success of student leadership and educational opportunities.

For more information on the guidelines of the grant, visit SBEF Student Grants.

*The deadline was extended from April 3rd to April 10th

Updated on 4/12/23

Never miss out on new articles!