The Student News Site of Dos Pueblos High School

The Charger Account

The Charger Account

The Charger Account

New on campus: DP Dance Club

Max Phan

Dos Pueblos’s new Dance Club was recently established by Jolee Nguyen (10). The Dance Club meets twice a month in room P117 during lunch. Dancers are taught various kinds of dances, including hip-hop, k-pop, contemporary dance, and jazz.

Since freshman year, Nguyen has wanted to create a dance club for individuals who are interested in dancing but are unable to join cheer, colorguard, or do lessons outside of school. In the last workshop, the club had members from the UCSB dance team as the instructors. Fundamental dance technique and new choreography were taught at this workshop, and many club members said the lesson was helpful and fun.

“People learned two simple choreographies that are super fun just to get people more comfortable and familiar,” Nguyen said. “The workshops are usually one to three hours long and are extremely beneficial for the members.”

The club meetings are a great way to hang out with friends and get familiar with the Dance Club and everyone in it. Snacks are provided by the club officers as well. Sometimes, the club members will learn new choreography. During the last club meeting, they had a k-pop session where everyone was taught the choreography to “Super Shy” by New Jeans.

Nguyen wants to emphasize that the club is a comfortable place for everyone, and people shouldn’t feel intimidated. Most in the Dance Club are beginners, but it’s open to everyone regardless of dancing experience. For future workshops, she hopes to have hip-hop and contemporary dance sessions with professional dancers. The club officers hope for more people to join.

Never miss out on new articles!