The Student News Site of Dos Pueblos High School

The Charger Account

The Charger Account

The Charger Account

Dos Pueblos’s Prom 2024 Fashion Highlight

It’s a brand new year, and the Dos Pueblos seniors had a blast at Prom. Of course, I had to be there to capture the best fashion moments of this annual dance. The theme was “A Night On The Red Carpet.”

Jessica Avila Ruiz (12) was wearing a glamorous, sparkly gold dress with a sheer corset at the bodice. The corset feature was elevated with dazzling sequined embroidery, which resembled flower petals cascading down into a sea of sequins at the skirt. Ruiz took the look to another level by adding a golden flower arm cuff that she and her best friend picked out. This bold choice tied everything together in a way that was unique and eye-catching.

Sydney Copus (12) wore a flower-embroidered red strapless dress with a train attached to it. The hair styling and gold earrings brought the whole look together, giving Copus a bold and confident ensemble.

Daisy Gijon Aragon (12) looked classy in her all-black look with accents of silver jewelry. Her look was inspired by the famous Latina icon Becky G from head to toe.

Zachary Gesswein (11) stood out in a sea of black suits with his gray suit accented by a lavender vest and tie. The vest and tie matched his girlfriend’s dress, tying it all together beautifully.

Ashley Slicton (12) wore a light blue, flowy dress, with the highlight being a sparkly butterfly top. The dress drew inspiration from her love of butterflies, making it unique and beautiful.

Jasmine Bean (12) described her light blue, sparkly dress as a mermaid fantasy. The geometric patterns on the dress make it super unique.

Emma Gorman (12) wore a light purple sequin dress that, in her little sister’s words, resembled the dress that Ariel wore the moment she walked up the shore.

Sasona Verhoef (11) was going for a 90s and 2000s vibe with her green maxi dress that she thrifted. The sparkly element at the neckline drew the eye and made the dress stand out.

Audrey Kling (12) wore a pink sparkly dress with a slit at the thigh. This could’ve been a boring option, but the ruffles at the slit and the sparkles all tied it together into a beautiful dress.

Rather than going formal, all buttoned up like everyone else, Lucas Malloy (12) chose to go for a relaxed look with his dad’s undershirt, a vest jacket from his girlfriend’s dad, and a pair of Patagonia jeans.

Ana Dowbusz (12) looks like a vampire bride in her deep red dress with, in her words, “a bloody undertone,” and a sparkly lace fabric over it. Let’s just say Ana is always known for her amazing fashion, and this look was just perfection.

Kendall Gardener (12) was walking a red carpet in this sparkly black dress with a multi-color pattern, bead strings on one shoulder, and a high slit. It resembles the look of a supermodel, and is elegant and powerful. Kendall also wore matching heels and black tights that ultimately elevated the look.

Krow Jones (12) was having a gothic, Victorian moment with this look. They were wearing a white long sleeve shirt with a black corset and black knee-high platform boots. Not pictured, there was a see-through coat that Krow made themself with floor length sleeves that went perfectly with the whole outfit.

When it comes to fashion, Kay Taylor-Ng (11) never disappoints. She arrived at prom in a sparkly black dress with thigh-high slit. Her gold jewelry went super well with her whole look, creating a cohesive ensemble.

Violet Murray (12) looks gorgeous in her lace-covered, violet dress with a high slit. Violet said that she wanted to go for a classical look that also enhanced her features.