The Student News Site of Dos Pueblos High School

The Charger Account

The Charger Account

The Charger Account

Boys lacrosse: Dos Pueblos vs. Notre Dame semi-final recap

Kaley Orquiola

On Wednesday, May 8 at 5 p.m., Boys Lacrosse faced off against the Notre Dame Knights in a CIF semi-final match at the Chargers’ home field. After a close game where the Chargers were in the lead during the first three quarters, the Knights were able to pull into the lead during the last quarter and win with a final score of 12-10.

With this loss, the Chargers played their last game of the season, ending it with an overall record of 13-3.

In the first part of the game, Notre Dame started with three goals, and Dos Pueblos responded with six goals of their own, taking the lead about halfway through the first quarter. The Chargers were able to hold the lead the rest of the game, heading into the fourth quarter 10-6.

One of the top offensive players for DP, Dan Finneran (11), went down with an injury during the third quarter, which was followed by Notre Dame’s offensive retaliation in the fourth quarter.

The Knights scored six goals and took the lead with four minutes left to go in the game.

Overall, the Boys Lacrosse team had a historical season, winning the Channel league game and reaching their furthest placement in the playoffs by making the semi-finals.

“More than anything else, I’m proud of this team and these boys,” said Coach Lucas Martinez. “Every day since the end of last season, they have put in the work to get better. They played hard, they played tough, and they played for each other. As a coach, that’s all you can really ask for.”

View Comments (2)
Donate to The Charger Account

Your donation will support the student journalists of Dos Pueblos High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.