The Student News Site of Dos Pueblos High School

The Charger Account

The Charger Account

The Charger Account

Dos Pueblos Varsity Softball beats cross-town rivals, Santa Barbara Dons, 18-1

The Dos Pueblos Varsity Softball team hosted their fifth league game at Okinaka Field against the Santa Barbara Dons, on Tuesday, March 12.

In the opening inning, the Chargers’ offense started off the game with a 7-0 lead against the Dons. Kylie Pearce (11) contributed the first three runs to put the Chargers on the board, securing three out of her four RBI’s with a base-loaded double.

Solas McGettigan (11) prepares to swing in the batter’s box during a past game against Newbury Park on Feb. 12. (Abby Rivas)

By the second inning, the Chargers’ gained a bigger lead of 9-0 after Solas McGettigan (11) landed two of her RBI’s on a base-loaded single.

With the most hits in the game, Zella Cassidy (9) led the Chargers with three hits out of four plate appearances and two RBI’s to raise the score. Katelyn Lisi (12) also scored three RBI’s for the team’s tally.

On the pitcher’s mound, Kaitlyn Ashby (11) pitched all five innings, only allowing the Dons to score one run out of four hits.

In the final two innings, the Chargers scored another eight runs to complete the game with a win, 18-1.

The Dos Pueblos Varsity Softball team now has a record of 6-2 in league and 8-6 overall.