Stockton serial killer arrested after six murders

The Stockton serial killer had been on the loose for more than a year with over 6 linked incidents and murders, but was captured on October 15, 2022 around 2 a.m. The murdered victims’ profiles all had similar characteristics; they were all male, ranging from ages 21 to 54 years old, with one woman injured. They had all been outside late at night, by themselves, in poorly lit neighborhoods, caught off guard at a state to be attacked.

The first confirmed linked killing occurred on April 10, 2021, of a 40-year-old man in Oakland, California. The second linked incident was of a 46-year-old homeless woman injured due to being shot, and happened on April 16, 2021, at 3:20 a.m. The woman had an encounter with the shooter, and she was shot various times while in her tent. “She told officers she was in her tent and heard someone approaching. ‘She came out to find someone holding a gun,’ police said,” according to ABC News. These incidents taking place before the other 5 murders in Stockton. On July 8, 2022, at 12:31 a.m., 35 year-old Paul Yaw was fatally shot. On August 11, 2022, a 43 year-old, Salvador Debudey Jr., was also fatally shot. More than two weeks passed and on August 30, 2022, at 6:41 a.m., a similar incident occurred, as 21 year-old Jonathan Hernandez Rodriguez was also shot and killed. On September 21, 2022, at 4:27 a.m., 52 year-old Juan Cruz was shot and killed. On September 27, 2022, at 1:53 a.m., a 54 year-old Lawrence Lopez was shot and killed.

The shootings were all linked together, resulting in the knowledge that a serial killer was loose in Stockton, California. The Stockton police department then released an image and video of the suspect walking by a building dressed in all black. On October 4, 2022, the Stockton Police Department released the announcement of an $125,000 reward for any leads and information to the capture of the suspect. More than a week later, on October 15, 2022, Wesley Brownlee was arrested on account of homicide; the arrest took place early morning around 2 a.m., while he was allegedly stalking another potential victim.

It was reported that Brownlee had moved to Stockton a few months ago and was a truck driver.

It was announced that “‘Brownlee made his first court appearance Tuesday. He was charged with three counts of murder, with more charges expected,’ San Joaquin County District Attorney Tori Verber Salazar said at a news conference,” according to ABC News.

close

Never miss out on new articles!